ANmap is an android tool that you can use on a network to determine available hosts, services, operating system versions, types of packet filters/firewalls and other characteristics. It is an incredibly useful tool for hackers (ethical or unethical).
Today I’m going to give you a step by step guide onhow to use android Nmap to identify open ports and other server or host characteristics.
Before going onto the how-to section, take a look at the requirements your device must have to use aNmap
The device must have root access. (You can run the app without root access, but some features will not work)SuperSU/Busybox/SuperUser.
How To Use aNmap:
2. Install it on your device.
3. Run it. You will see a window like this:
4. Grant root access, then you will see the main page of aNmap:
5. Now you can use all the features of aNmap. Enter the IP address of the target in the top-right box. Then tap on “nmap” button. It will start scanning the target server and display the open ports and other characteristics (see the image below — scanning results of Facebook.com):
If you don’t know how to find the IP address of a particular website, don’t worry, I will show you how. First, open the command prompt and then type “tracert” without quotes. Then enter the address of the website and hit the enter key, you will see something like this:
You can find the IP address of the website next to where it says “Tracing route to <the website>”.
Alternate Method For Finding IP Address of Websites:
2. Enter the address of the website in the “Domain Name” box, then click on “Find IP” button. You will see the IP address of that domain (see the image below):
Other online services for website IP address lookup:
I hope you enjoyed reading the article